Family Life Apostolate
The Family Life Apostolate of the Archdiocese of New Orleans, staff and volunteers, recognizes that family relationships reflect the essence of our relationship with God. We proclaim that families daily live the Paschal Mystery in the inevitable transitions of family life. We strive to be a partner in mutual relationship with the parish churches we are called to serve, and with other diocesan structures.
Family Life Apostolate, working under the authority of the Archbishop and in conjunction with other diocesan offices, is committed to:
- Uphold the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church regarding families.
- Uplift the holiness of Christian marriage and family.
- Provide programs and resources which support the many kinds of families in the Archdiocese.
- Challenge church leaders to consider the impact of every church ministry on family life.
- Enable parish and family members to nurture and heal one another.
All members of the family, each according to his or her own gift, have the grace and responsibility of building day by day the communion of persons, making the family 'a school of deeper humanity:' This happens where there is care and love for the little ones, the sick, the aged; where there is mutual service every day; when there is a sharing of goods, of joys and sorrows.