The Family Life Apostolate of the Archdiocese of New Orleans, staff and volunteers,
recognizes that family relationships reflect the essence of our relationship
with God. We proclaim that families daily live the Paschal Mystery in the inevitable
transitions of family life. We strive to be a partner in mutual relationship
with the parish churches we are called to serve, and with other diocesan structures.
Family Life Apostolate, working under the authority of the Archbishop and in
conjunction with other diocesan offices, is committed to:
- Uphold the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church regarding families;
- Uplift the holiness of Christian marriage and family;
- Provide programs and resources which support the many kinds of families
in the Archdiocese;
- Challenge church leaders to consider the impact of every church ministry
on family life;
- Enable parish and family members to nurture and heal one another.
"All members of the family, each according to his or her own gift,
have the grace and responsibility of building day by day the communion of persons,
making the family 'a school of deeper humanity:' This happens where there is
care and love for the little ones, the sick, the aged; where there is mutual
service every day; when there is a sharing of goods, of joys and sorrows."
ON THE FAMILY, Apostolic Exhortation